Research from Tailwind, official Instagram Partner for Community Management, shows that accounts who run contests on Instagram grow 70% faster over the course of three months than accounts that don’t. At American, we help the companies that want to grow 70%. We have the tools and experience to know how to successfully run your Instagram contest or sweepstakes to expand your business’s outreach and customer base.
Common contest mechanics on Instagram include:
- following the account posting the contest,
- liking the contest post, and/or
- mentioning another Instagram user in the comments.
Many other types of contests also exist, including:
- double-tap to win,
- photo contests,
- in store contests, or
- successive contests (like 12 days of giveaways).
In short, if you can dream up the contest or sweepstakes, we can find a way to make it happen.
It is important to remember that if you use Instagram to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion. This includes the official rules, offer terms and eligibility requirements, and compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered (ex: registration and regulatory approvals).
Here are the 8 most important things to remember to include in your Instagram promotion:
- Acknowledge that your Instagram contest or sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram
- List the name of the company hosting the Instagram giveaway or contest
- Include the start and end dates/times, including time zone, for the promotion
- Mention all participation restrictions (age, location, etc.)
- Write clear guidelines on how to enter
- Outline how and when the winner(s) will be chosen
- Share details about how and when the winner(s) will be announced and how/when the winner should claim the prize
- Disclose details about how the prize will be delivered, including whether the recipient is responsible for delivery (shipping costs) or pick-up
Additionally, Instagram holds that you must not inaccurately tag content or encourage users to inaccurately tag content. Plus, they will not assist you in the administration of your promotion and cannot advise you on whether consent is required for use of user content or on how to obtain any necessary consent.
Because of this, many companies are wary of running the promotion themselves, which is where we come in to help. At American, we take on compliance with any outside platforms or services, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and more.
Our social media services include:
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and more
Facebook app development
Social media channel entry portals
American Sweepstakes does an excellent job for us. The crew is very responsive
and very customer-service oriented,and they help you find the right solution quickly
and effectively. Thank you for all you do for us!
Ana Potgoreanu, Director, Events & Operations