The world’s population recently hit 7 billion and the number of mobile subscribers is about 6 million. Mobile has now become mainstream and mobile marketing is exploding. Marketers need to understand now how to build meaningful relationships and connect through this channel.
American Sweepstakes is a Preferred Partner of Signal which offers a cross-platform service that enables us to create, manage and analyze your mobile marketing programs including SMS text messaging, mobile optimized web pages and QR Codes.
Now you can launch a sweepstakes promotion that offers users multiple ways to enter including Facebook, Twitter, SMS and the Web. Here’s an example of a Sweepstakes Campaign Flow:
- POS display at retail locations and/or print ad could include QR code as well as an invitation for consumers to text a keyword. i.e. “Sweepstakes” to a short code
- Participants with smart phones can scan the QR code and be taken to a mobile enabled web landing page to enter the sweepstakes. Those with just a mobile phone can enter by texting via SMS.
- The web landing page can link off of any website to allow online entry.
- The application can also be added to Facebook and Twitter to allow for entry via these channels.
- Participants will receive a thank you confirmation message from the platform that they entered by.
Offer your users the choice to vote in a contest for their favorite submission via SMS.
For the 2011 Henkel Helps Kids Get Fit Contest we added the opportunity to have people not only vote off the website, but also via text messaging. Once the finalists were chosen, we assigned a keyword to each school that was used to tally their votes. This cross-platform application enabled us to combine the votes we received from the website with the text messages into one database so we were able to display the leaders in real time.
SMS, Text Messaging Campaigns
Once you have received a user’s mobile phone number, you can ask for their permission to receive text messages from you regarding special offers and future promotions. You can put users into different lists and manage your subscriptions so that you are sending relevant messages to the right people at the right time.
Location-Based Services Promotions
If you are a retailer, restaurant, host of an event, local business or place, encouraging check-ins is a must. Checking-in via a location based service such as Foursquare is now an acceptable method of entry into a sweepstakes promotion. We wrote the Official Rules for a Foursquare promotion that Sam’s Club ran in 10 of their markets this year that was targeted to college students. One winner at each location who checked in closest to an undisclosed time during a one day period was awarded an HP tablet.
We also work with developers that can create a custom mobile application to fit your needs. Fun, engaging games that offer a chance to win can now be run through a mobile app instead of online.
Contact us today to find out more how you can integrate mobile marketing into your promotional program.